Level 4 Certificate: Programming Physical Activity for Individuals with Low Back Pain
The aim of this qualification is to provide the learner with the appropriate knowledge and skills to design, deliver, monitor and evaluate structured, individualised physical activity programmes for adults with low back pain, in accordance with current evidence-based guidelines.
What will I learn?
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
- Epidemiology of low back pain
- Risks and causative factors involved in the development of low back pain
- National guidelines for the treatment and management of low back pain
- Contraindications and psychosocial considerations when planning physical activities for the client with low back pain (risk stratification)
Skills relating to the qualification:
- Subjective and objective methods to collect sufficient information to plan safe and effective physical activity programmes for individuals with low back pain
- How to select safe and effective physical activities which are specific to the client’s health status, risk stratification, needs and abilities
- The effective use of layering / layered cueing within progressive physical activity programmes for individuals with low back pain
- A range of validated methods used to monitor review and adapt physical activity programmes for individuals with low back pain
- Advice covering lifestyle, homecare, exercise, which is suitable for the individual with low back pain
Are there any entry requirements?
- Registration status of full Level 3 Exercise Referral Instructor on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs), or either of:
a) Registration at Level 4 prior to September 2011 plus achievement of a Level 3 fitness qualification
b) Achievement of a Level 4 prior to September 2011 plus achievement of a Level 3 fitness qualification
- 150 hours of relevant professional practice at Level 3 in designing, delivering, monitoring, adapting and tailoring exercise programmes for individuals gained within the previous two years and at least six months experience since qualification (to be evidenced in a CV and reference letter).
- Short/long answer paper
- Case study (programme design and review)
- Observed instruction session
|Classroom course||£ 800|
|Assessment re-sit||£ 50|
0% payment plans available
LA Training is an approved training provider for YMCA Awards and all qualifications are endorsed by CIMSPA. On achieving the assessment and quality assurance process, your nationally recognised certificate will be processed. On certification, you will gain 20 REP’s continual professional development (CPD) points, and 10 CIMSPA Endorsement points. You will also gain entry on to Reps Level 4.
Book a place on our next course
If you would like some more information on this course, or would like to book a place, please call us on 07900 398653 / 07717 893677 or email email@example.com