Level 3 Certificate: Become a Personal Trainer
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised and become a personal trainer.
This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
Qualify as a personal trainer with us and you’re GUARANTEED an interview with any of our partners.
What will I learn?
- Anatomy and physiology including:
– the heart and circulatory system
– the musculoskeletal system
– postural and core stability
– the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- Looking at how to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- The best methods of communicating with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- Practising how to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
- How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
Are there any entry requirements?
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (QCF) in any of the following disciplines:
– Gym-based exercise
– Exercise to music
– Water-based exercise
– Health related exercise and physical activity for children.
If you want to become a Personal Trainer but do not hold the required Level 2 Certificate for entry, don’t worry, you can complete our Level 3 Personal Training diploma. The diploma is the Level 2 Gym Instructing qualification and the Level 3 Personal Training qualification combined for a discounted price.
- Coursework/Case study
- Multiple choice theory paper
- Practical examination
|Certificate [course]||£ 1399|
|Diploma [course]||£ 1900|
|Assessment re-sit||£ 50|
0% payment plans available
LA Training is an approved training provider for YMCA Awards. On achieving the assessment and quality assurance process, your nationally recognised certificate will be processed. On certification, you will gain Level 3 entry on to the register of exercise professionals (REP’s), 20 REP’s continual professional development (CPD) Points, along with a CIMSPA endorsed qualification and 10 CIMPSA CPD points.
Book a place on our next course
If you would like some more information on this course, or would like to book a place, please call us on 07900 398653 / 07717 893677 or email email@example.com