Level 3 Certificate: Become a Personal Trainer
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised and become a personal trainer.
This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.EXCLUSIVE!
Qualify as a personal trainer with us and you’re GUARANTEED an interview with any of our partners.
What will I learn to become a personal trainer?
- Anatomy and physiology including:
– the heart and circulatory system
– the musculoskeletal system
– postural and core stability
– the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- How to become a personal trainer, maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- Looking at how to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- The best methods of communicating with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- Practicing on how to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
- How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
Are there any entry requirements to become a personal trainer?
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (QCF) in any of the following disciplines:
– Gym-based exercise
– Exercise to music
– Water-based exercise
– Health related exercise and physical activity for children.
If you wish to develop your knowledge even further and prepare yourself to start immediately to become a personal trainer, the diploma will be exactly what you are looking for.
We will equip you with all the specialist knowledge, understanding and skills relevant to the role of the personal trainer, along with the following additional skills and knowledge that is essential for a successful personal training business:
- Planning and delivering group exercise sessions in the outdoor environment
- Exercise programming for sports conditioning
- Business and marketing for the fitness professional
- Multiple choice theory paper
- Practical examination
|Certificate [course]||£ 1399|
|Diploma [course]||£ 1900|
|Assessment re-sit||£ 50|
0% payment plans available
LA Training is an approved training provider for YMCA Awards. On achieving the assessment and quality assurance process, your nationally recognised certificate will be processed. On certification to become a personal trainer, you will gain 20 REP’s continual professional development (CPD) points along with entry on to the register of exercise professionals at level 3.
Book a place on our next course
If you would like some more information on this course, or would like to book a place, please call us on 07900 398653 / 07717 893677 or email email@example.com