Level 2 Certificate: Gym Instructing
The aim of this qualification is to develop the knowledge and skills of learners so they can engage, facilitate, educate and support clients in a gym or health club environment. On successful completion of this qualification learners will be able to seek employment and perform competently as a Level 2 Gym Instructor.
What will I learn?
- Anatomy and physiology including:
– the heart and circulatory system
– the respiratory system
– structure and function of the skeleton
– musculoskeletal system
– postural and core stability
– the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- Principles of working in the gym environment, including customer service and how to maintain health, safety and welfare
- How to conduct consultations and promote the health benefits of physical activity
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme with apparently healthy adults – both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 13-18 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group and older adults (50 plus)
Are there any entry requirements?
Learners must be aged 16 plus. Ideally they should have some experience of gym-based exercises through personal practice and should have a certain amount of physical fitness. Learners should also have communication skills pitched at level 2 which can be developed during the course.
- Learner Assessment Record
- Assessment Workbook
- Multiple Choice Theory paper
- Practical examination
- Portfolio of evidence
|Classroom course||£ 650|
|Assessment re-sit||£ 50|
0% payment plans available
LA Training is an approved training provider for YMCA Awards. On achieving the assessment and quality assurance process, your nationally recognised certificate will be processed. On certification, you will gain 20 REP’s continual professional development (CPD) points, along with Level 2 entry on to REP’s. The Qualification is also mapped directly to The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) professional standards for a Gym Instructor
Book a place on our next course
If you would like some more information on this course, or would like to book a place, please call us on 07900 398653 / 07717 893677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org