Level 1 Award: Fitness & Physical Activity
This award will give you an introduction to exercise and fitness on both a personal level and as an introduction to employment opportunities within the fitness industry.
The qualification has been developed to reflect the necessary basic skills, knowledge and understanding required by today’s fitness and leisure industry such as exercise and fitness knowledge, healthy nutrition and delivery of an exercise session.
The qualification is aimed at people taking their first step towards a full Level 2 qualification.
What will I learn?
- The basic structure and function of the human body in relation to exercise and fitness
- Using a personal exercise programme, utilising the principles of fitness (frequency, intensity, time, type and adherence)
- An introduction to the role of the fitness instructor
- An introduction to the fitness industry and careers in fitness
- The basic principles of assisting in leading an exercise session safely and effectively
- The benefits of a balanced diet and its contribution to a healthy lifestyle
Are there any entry requirements?
- There are no pre-requisites for this qualification.
- Multiple choice theory paper
- Practical examination
|Classroom course||£ 199|
|Assessment re-sit||£ 50|
0% payment plans available
LA Training is an approved training provider for YMCA Awards. On achieving the assessment and quality assurance process, your nationally recognised certificate will be processed. On certification, you will gain 16 REP’s continual professional development (CPD) Points and hold a CIMSPA endorsed qualification.
Book this course
If you would like some more information on this course, or would like to book a place, please call us on 07900 398653 / 07717 893677 or email email@example.com