Level 3 Diploma: Exercise Referral
This course is aimed at qualified fitness professionals who wish to learn how to provide assistance/advice and design exercise programmes for people with certain medical conditions which put their health at risk.
What will I learn?
- The heart, circulatory system, musculoskeletal system, nervous system, endocrine system, and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health. Posture and core stability
- How to collect and use information relating to nutrition
- The relationship between nutrition and physical activity, the principles and guidelines relating to nutrition and nutritional goal setting with clients, and the nationally recommended practice to provide nutritional advice
- The principles of collecting information to plan an exercise referral programme, the principles of risk stratification in exercise referral and the principles and procedures of record keeping
- How to identify goals with exercise referral patients and instruct, adapt, and review exercise session with these patients. How to plan, prepare, monitor and adapt an exercise referral programme with patients and understand the importance of long term behaviour change for these patients
- The current healthcare systems in the UK, the exercise referral process, the roles and responsibilities of the professional within an exercise referral scheme and the role and importance of exercise referral, related policies and key documents
- The concept of a patient centred approach
- The clinical features of medical conditions relevant to exercise referral programmes, the relationship between exercise and specified exercise referral medical conditions, the accepted methods for treatment/management of medical conditions relevant to exercise referral programmes and how to programme safe, effective exercise programmes for patients with specified exercise referral medical conditions
- Collecting and analysing nutritional information and apply the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Collecting information about exercise referral patients and preparing patients and resources for exercise referral sessions
- Instruct, adapt, conclude and review exercise referral sessions. Agree goals, plan, manage, review progress and adapt an exercise referral programme with exercise referral patients.
Are there any entry requirements?
Learners must hold either a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym/Exercise to Music or Aqua) or equivalent (including qualifications which give entry to the REPs Physical activity Advisor category) or one of the following:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical assessment
- Written examination
|Classroom course||£ 650|
|Assessment re-sit||£ 50|
0% payment plans available
LA Training is an approved training provider for YMCA Awards. On achieving the assessment and quality assurance process, your nationally recognised certificate will be processed. On certification, you will gain Level 3 entry on to the register of exercise professionals (REP’s), 20 REP’s continual professional development (CPD) Points, along with a CIMSPA endorsed qualification and 10 CIMPSA CPD points.
Book this course
If you would like some more information on this course, or would like to book a place, please call us on 07900 398653 / 07717 893677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org