Level 2 Award: Instructing Circuit Training Sessions
The aim of this qualification is to provide those people who already possess a valid fitness instructor qualification with the additional knowledge, understanding and skills required to plan and instruct group circuit training sessions.
The content therefore reflects the competencies required to become a safe and effective group circuit training instructor.
What will I learn?
- Methods of collecting participant information
- Principles of screening participants prior to exercise including the use of the physical activity readiness questionnaire (PAR-Q)
- How to use participant information to assist with the planning of safe and effective group circuit training sessions
- How to use music to enhance group circuit training sessions
- Assessment and screening of participants
- Preparing self, equipment and environment for group circuit training sessions
- Instructing group circuit training sessions
- Evaluating own performance
Are there any entry requirements?
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness/Gym Instructing, or any qualification within the Physical Activity Advisor category on REPs
- Some experience of circuit training is beneficial but not essential.
- Practical assessment
|Classroom course||£ 219|
|Assessment re-sit||£ 50|
0% payment plans available
LA Training is an approved training provider for YMCA Awards. On achieving the assessment and quality assurance process, your nationally recognised certificate will be processed. On certification, you will gain 16 REP’s continual professional development (CPD) Points, along with a CIMSPA endorsed qualification and 10 CIMPSA CPD points.
Book this course
If you would like some more information on this course, or would like to book a place, please call us on 07900 398653 / 07717 893677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org