Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Independently Active, Older People
This qualification is aimed at those looking to gain the skills, knowledge and competence required in order to work with Independently Active, Older People in an unsupervised manner. There will be particular focus on the considerations for safe and effective exercise and how to plan and adapt exercise for this demographic group.
What will I learn?
- Recognise who ‘independently active, older people’ are in the population
- The ageing process and demographics
- The effects of ageing and inactivity on body systems, cognitive function/performance, psychological/emotional/social function and wellbeing
- The special considerations that must be taken into account when programming and delivering exercise for independently active, older people and the benefits of physical activity and exercise to them
- How to support and motivate the independently active, older adult in exercise and promote exercise for this section of the population
- The impact of ageing on the planning and delivery of safe exercise for independently active, older people
- The components of a pre-exercise consultation with independently active, older people
- How to plan and adapt exercise, and adapt session instruction, for independently active older people
Are there any entry requirements?
- YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent
- Multiple-choice examination
0% payment plans available
LA Training is an approved training provider for YMCA Awards and all qualifications are endorsed by CIMSPA. On achieving the assessment and quality assurance process, your nationally recognised certificate will be processed. On certification, you will gain 20 REPs continual professional development (CPD) points, and 10 CIMSPA Endorsement points.
Book a place on our next course
If you would like some more information on this course, or would like to book a place, please call us on 07900 398653 / 07717 893677 or email email@example.com