Level 2 Certificate: Instructing Exercise & Physical Activity for Children
This qualification is aimed at people who want to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor in the context of exercise and physical activity for children, or at those already running such sessions without a formal qualification.
You will learn how to plan, instruct and evaluate group activities for children between 5 and 16 years old via a range of activities, including (but not limited to) creative play, games providing basic skills for various sports and general exercise to promote a healthy lifestyle.
A physical instructor for children is responsible for encouraging children of all ages to adhere to activities that promote exercise and a healthy lifestyle, whilst employing motivational strategies to achieve this.
What will I learn?
- Anatomy and physiology including:
– the heart and circulatory system
– the respiratory system
– structure and function of the skeleton
– musculoskeletal system – postural and core stability
– the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and deliver structured health related exercise and physical activity for apparently healthy children in the 5-15 age range inclusive
Are there any entry requirements?
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended, not but essential.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learner should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
- Multiple choice theory paper
- Practical examination
|Classroom course||£ 650|
|Assessment re-sit||£ 50|
0% payment plans available
LA Training is an approved training provider for YMCA Awards. On achieving the assessment and quality assurance process, your nationally recognised certificate will be processed. On certification, you will gain Level 2 entry on to the register of exercise professionals (REP’s), 20 REP’s continual professional development (CPD) Points, along with a CIMSPA endorsed qualification and 10 CIMPSA CPD points.
Book this course
If you would like some more information on this course, or would like to book a place, please call us on 07900 398653 / 07717 893677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org